The International Seminar is the great multicultural meeting place for our 130 Master 1 students and 80 MAE students at IGR-IAE Rennes. A specific feature of this 2021 edition: a week entirely online, our speakers will lead their lectures and workshops from their home university or workplace.
Organized by Dr. Karine PICOT-COUPEY and Baptiste BAHU, this 16th edition will take place from January 18 to 22, 2021, with themes adapted to each of the majors of our Master 1 or MAE students.
Students benefit from the expertise of American or Canadian professors, and teaching methods imported from the universities in which they teach. In the previous editions, these professors were invited to spend the week in Rennes with our students. This year 2021, the exchanges will take place remotely.
Professors from North America
- Amy Jones, University of Western Alabama will be leading the «Food Advertising and Product Packaging», «The Impact of Sports on Society and the Advertising Industry» and «Advertising and Social Issues», seminar for our Master 1 Marketing students;
- Frances Gunn, Ryerson University will lead the seminar Resilience Leadership for our Master 1 HR students,
- Michel Magnan, Concordia College will be leading the seminar “Governance evaluation”, for our Master 1 Finance and CGAO students.
Lecturers and consultants will guide our students to reflect on the methods and tools available for successful international development:
- Jean-Charles Thuard, international management consultant and former CEO of the Legrand India Group, will lead the seminar “Relations d’Affaires en Inde” for the students of MAE Développement de Projets Internationaux,
- Barbara Mattison, consultant in training and intercultural communication, coaching, international mobility and management, will lead the seminar “Cultural choc: what is it? How to manage it” for our students of MAE International Project Development
- Susanna Bardsley, writer and instructor, specializing in non-verbal communication, theater, creativity and mental health, will lead the seminar “Cultural competency and culture shock”.
Many thanks to all our speakers, deeply attached to the IGR-IAE, who accepted to be present in these unusual conditions and accompany our students, thus contributing to open windox on the world.