Lecturer specialized in Finance
My research activities are related to corporate finance and focus on corporate financial policy, namely dividend distribution and share buybacks, their consequences and impacts on financial markets, especially in a crisis context.
My current research focuses on sustainable finance, environmental and eco-accountability, and innovation financing.
Keywords: dividend policy, share buybacks, stock market reactions, financial crisis, information asymmetry, signaling, ambiguity, future profits, governance, eco accounting.
Member of the French Association of Finance (AFFI)
Participation to the 36th international conference (Laval – Quebec City, Canada) – June 2019
Participation in the 35th international conference (Paris, France) – May 2018
Member of the French-Speaking Accounting Association (AFC)
Participation in the 40th international conference (Paris, France) – May 2019
Participation to the 39th international conference (Nantes, France) – May 2018
Ad hoc reviewer (Journal of Economics & Business, European Finance & Banking Conference – Bologna, Italy) – September 2016
– S. Agbetonyo, E. Fromont, J-L Viviani. Asymmetric Responses to Dividend Announcements: A Case for Ambiguity. Revue de l’OFCE, Presses de Sciences Po, 2019, 160 (1), pp.77-104.
– S. Agbetonyo, J-L Viviani. The relationship between dividend changes and future changes in earnings re-considered in times of crisis: the case of France. Digital transitions and accounting information, May 2018, Nantes, France. pp.cd-rom.
– S. Agbetonyo. The consequences of dividend change announcements on the French financial market in times of crisis: a comparative analysis with respect to the 2007-2009 financial crisis. Management Sciences, University of Rennes 1, 2016 [thesis].
– S. Agbetonyo, “Market reactions to cash dividends announcements in time of crisis: Evidence from French stock market”, 36th International Conference of the French Finance Association – AFFI, Quebec City (Canada), June 17-19, 2019.
– S. Agbetonyo, “The reactions of the French stock market to dividend change announcements in time of crisis”, 40th AFC Congress, Paris (France), May 20-22, 2019.
– S. Agbetonyo and J-L. Viviani, “The relationship between dividend changes and future earnings in time of crisis: Empirical evidence from France,” 35th International Conference of the French Finance Association – AFFI, Paris (France), May 22-24, 2018.
– S. Agbetonyo and J-L. Viviani (2018), “The relationship between dividend changes and future earnings changes revisited in times of crisis: the case of France”, 39th AFC Congress, Nantes (France), May 15-17, 2018.
– S. Agbetonyo, E. Fromont, and J-L. Viviani, “Asymmetric Responses to Dividend Announcements: A Case For Ambiguity,” European Finance and Banking Conference, Bologna (Italy), September 01-02, 2016.
– S. Agbetonyo and J-L. Viviani, “Financial Market Responses to Dividend Change Announcements: an Analysis in Relation to the 2007-2009 Financial Crisis,” Congrès des IAE de France, Rennes (France), June 10-12, 2015.